TRADITIONAL/EAST COAST SINGER
SOLO EAST COAST FOLKSINGER
As a Cape Bretoner (Glace Bay, NS), I bring a passion for performing the music and songs from my Atlantic Canada roots. My solo programs always include significant East Coast content - traditional and contemporary songs one might expect to hear at a pub or house concert anywhere in Atlantic Canada....and I complement this with primarily Canadiana material. Lately my solo shows include a growing Appalachian component as I examine traditional UK songs that made it to, and evolved in, Appalachia. My shows are full of entertaining stories & banter which serve to frame the background to each tune or song.
I'm always on the lookout for folk friendly places to perform such as House Concerts, Cafes. Senior Centres, Museums and Robbie Burns/St. Pats events.
Some of my Career Highlights:
- Celtic Colours International Festival – Cape Breton NS – 2001
- Mill Race Festival – 2010/2016.
- Founder and Artistic Director – Waterloo-Wellington Guitar Summit – 2003-1012.
- Musician In Residence – McDougall Cottage, Cambridge ON – 2011/12
- Fergus Scottish Festival – Frequent performer since 2001.
- Leads Monthly Ceilidh/Session at the SCRAN & DRAM in New Hamburg
- Workshops on Altered Tunings and Song Arranging.